Tuesday 31 January 2012

The One Year Bible - Day 260

Isaiah 25 starts with the verse, "O Lord, I will honour and praise your name, for you are my God."
This in itself is such rich teaching. It is also easy to pass over because the emphasis can be read incorrectly. We could read, "I will honour and praise your name, you are my God" which is not what is written but what we seem to read by default. The word "for" in this case represents something more powerful, "the reason I will honour and praise your name is because you are my God", "your identity is the only motivation I need to honour and praise your name". I goes deeper than religion whereby God is God and we worship him because we have to. This extends to every level of philosophy and understanding where God is quite literally life and creation itself, he is the superset of everything, the power source to everyone, he is all knowing and all powerful he is....indescribable - and that is why I honour and praise his name.

No comments: